The Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site has an incredible Volunteer Association with ample opportunities, and we are interested in growing! Do you like history? Meeting new people? Interaction with the public? Working with school children? Join us!
- Education Assistant
- Archival/Curatorial Assistant
- Clerical/Mailing/Office Assistant
- Special Events Assistant
- Writer/Journalist/Public Relations Assistant
- Gardener (positions are filled at this time)
- Internships (non-paid) and work-study opportunities are sometimes available in various departments (i.e. education, curator, development, events, marketing, etc.)
- To continue learning and growing.
- To develop new interests and friendships.
- To participate in educating school children and the general public about the life and times of Benjamin Harrison and his family.
- To promote patriotism and citizenship.
- To contribute to the preservation of our historical and architectural heritage.
- To be a part of a Service Enterprise Certified organization.
- To participate in training and continuing education.
- To be reliable and punctual.
- To adhere to the same professional standards as paid Site staff.
- To accurately record hours worked.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at the Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site, please contact:
Director of Volunteers